Damsel in Thisdress

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Numb-fingers

My right hand fingers went numb on Monday, when I paddled with Phil in the morning then joined Man-Sir for K1.  Not sure what it is, something like that happened to my right ring finger when I paddled from Lamma to TPC then back to Lamma, pushing for well over 50km everyday continuously.  Man Sir said I chose a paddle shaft that's too thick for my small hands, so I switched, it felt a little better, but it still tingles after a while.  Then Man-Sir commented that I'm pushing the blade too far astern, especially since I wasn't rotating my torso.  Bahh, I need to work on my coordination from ground zero.

So I decided to rest for a few days before it gets any worse.  Weather's been nice anyway, which makes good shopping days but relatively boring paddling.  Want to go camping though, think I'll hang a hammock or pitch a bivy sometimes this week or next.

Got an e-mail from Keiko -- life in Japan seems like such a long time ago.  If I have to be honest I really didn't enjoy Utsunomiya; but if I get to stay near the water, I wouldn't mind going back to Japan again.

Right.  Am going to go back onto the water tomorrow.  So I better get ready for bed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home