Damsel in Thisdress

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Where are my friends?

It's not like me to look back, at least not too much.  But as I was listening to Janice Joplin, I can't help wondering what happened to me.

I had a lot of fun paddling in the monsoon -- the fear and stress were just part of the spices that added to the adrenaline rush.  But still, sea-going used to be a social activity for me, my roommates and I would come back from a long day in college and part time job, and spontaneously decide to stroll down to the beach and launch our canoe to catch some crabs and camp on Flower Island.

Then we would make a fire, burn our essays, skinny dip, play guitar, and get drunk around the camp fire.

Now, I just paddle solo.  It was fun, especially with a gale-forced following wind, shooting me ahead like a bullet, and I can't wait for the next monsoon or T3 to come.  But still, like Janice sings, "I'd trade all of my tomorrows for one single yesterday."

Friends and adventures, can't we have them all?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home