Damsel in Thisdress

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hello insomnia, my old friend.  

Funny how I can't sleep every time I try to get ready for a day on water.  Handy when you have to pack, I guess...

Signed up for JLPT yesterday, exam's in July, so I have three months to prepare for that.  I wasn't sure whether I should go for level 1 or 2, so I flipped a coin and it says one.  I think I'm okay with vocabs and readings, and maybe kanjis, what I don't have is grammar. 

Been going through JLPT1 grammar/ vocabs today, I'm onto the Sa-column vocabularies now.  Should be a piece of cake once the A-column and Ka-columns are over.

Oh, and I'm stuck on this igo-problem.  It can't be that difficult.  Problem is, I don't even know what's the objective.  I thought I was supposed to save the three black stones on the top left, but the computer says "you failed." before those stones are captured... what gives?

Back on the water tomorrow, even if the observatory puts on a thunderstorm warning.  Life's short, I shouldn't be so lazy.  Anyway, I noticed I'm a lot more willing to capsize these days.  Back in 2006/2007, every time I work on underwater drills, I always tried to wear nose-clip or diving mask to protect my sinus.  These days, I just don't care any more.  Also, when I roll up, I'm a lot more relaxed.  I'm sure that contributes to the better success rates in rolling.  I even managed to roll out on port side a few times. 

Dug out my Jakarta-pop T-shirt from my old suitcase.  Am listening to Peterpan and Radja as I blog.  And I had to wonder why I couldn't sleep :p~


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home