Damsel in Thisdress

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sunburn is the best sleeping pill

I've not been able to sleep well for a long time.  So I was pleasantly surprised when I fell asleep on the bus and the ferry on my way back to Disco Bay.

I was windsurfing in Stanley today.  The wind wasn't awfully strong (maybe BF 3 or 4), but it was rather gusty, and I was a bit greedy to get the 5.4 meters sail.  I did okay near shore, but once I was in the open, I kept getting overpowered.  Wasted a lot of time and energy pulling the sail out of the water, and when I got close to Cape D'aguillar, I saw a huge, grey sealiner with "cosco" printed on the hull.  I was really very very far from the monster, but I was petrified.  Lamma channel isn't so far from this Cape; the geographical proximity to my previous accident site just had me short circuited and stunned.  I wonder how I would ever be able to cover these channels on a kayak again. 

Anyway, I managed to get some very minor sunburns, and I'm sore from head to toe.  So yes, YES, I'm definitely ready for a good night sleep.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home