Damsel in Thisdress

Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Cow who runs Itobunka Kindergarten

Finally gave up trying to read Murakami Haruki and Natsume Soseki. It still irks me though...

The principal of Itobuka Kindergarten is such a cow. I don't mind if she wants to terminate the contract with my company, it's not like I have a raging sense of loyalty towards my company. I've heard some rumors about the Itobunka Kindy being run by an elderly nutjob couple; I wouldn't know at first, since most Japanese social behaviors are strange by my standard anyway. But her demands are getting increasingly KY. First, she asked me to give free private lessons out of my free time; then she asks me to give flyers of competing companies to my students; and barged in on me towards the end of my lesson and ordered my students to pull out the letter from their bags to confirm that I have indeed passed on the offensive flyer.

She is completely incapable of understanding the two-letters English word, "no." She is my company's client, and as I'm paid to do a job, I try to be polite and agreeable, but where do you draw the line?

Japan is famous for her well-mannered citizens. But honestly, rude people will be rude even if they use honorifics, bow to you, and remember to say their "thank yous" and "sorry's."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home