Damsel in Thisdress

Thursday, March 05, 2009

The Ocean is Teasing

It's rather cruel that I've gotten SOOO close to the water, but somehow can't get in.

Yesterday, Squid from Geoxpat came over to check out DB with me.  There are many tried and true trails in DB for pleasurable hikes, but I just had to inflict Sam Pak Wan on him.  

It's not that the trail to Sam Pak is difficult to walk, it's just that there was no trail to begin with =_=;;  We trespassed construction sites (saw a zebra there!) and attacked the bushes.  Quite possibly picked up a few ticks on our way too (just kidding squid, it's not tick season yet.), we finally made it to the "exclusive" beach that is ... filled with garbage.

Squid was a good sport though, didn't seem to mind getting his suit dirty.  I'm sure he would think twice about exploring anything with me again.  But the food was good; since I just got back from Japan,  I can't even say anything was over-priced.  Oh, and I'm sure Squid had a good time watching me sweat and weep as I enjoyed my "mildly spicy" Thai food.  (I had to drink like a fish!)

Today, (Thursday) I went to Sai Kung.  I was going to windsurf; but Fred caught me just in time -- he's heading to the oil rig again and won't be back for another 20 days or so.  So I have to be orientated with his place and his gears before he leaves.  I was hoping to surf in the afternoon after seeing Fred off, but alas, the HK Observatory issued the thunderstorm warning.  The last thing I need is to get zapped on my first trip in 2009.

Oh well, it was fun hanging out with Loshu and Chuchu anyway.  It feels good when you aren't doing anything other than sitting with them, and they love you to bits.  Animals are so easy to get along with; I wish humans were more like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home