Damsel in Thisdress

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Farewell to grandma

I unilaterally terminated my contract in Japan in order to come home and see my dying grandmother; and to give my grieving mother moral support.  Since I'm not particularly close to my grandmother, I'd say the second item on the agenda was more important.

I just found out my grandmother passed away on Monday.  Not that I loved my job -- had a love/hate relationship with it -- but I don't understand why my mother couldn't have told me so when I e-mailed her to ask about the hospital visitation schedule.  The new gaijin teacher in my company turns out to be a nutjob, I could have stayed in Japan and extended my contract if I knew.

Oh well, I'm too sleep-deprived to be pissed off.  Tomorrow is another day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home