Damsel in Thisdress

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Under the Weather Again

Just as I thought I've already caught every bug in Kantou region, it looks like I'm under the weather again >_<

Woke up at 0700 and went back to sleep till 1145, which is very good news. Recent bout of insomnia is taking a toll on my immune system, I think.

Went to Tairaya to pick up some drinks and snacks, then went to Keiko's place again. Wiser from last week's mistake, I arrived an hour late; but was still the first to arrive.

Turns out it's a bad week for everyone. Two of the Japanese ladies from Boeing couldn't come due to serious personal crisis, like death of a family member and hospitalization. Giny also hurt her back, but she was kind enough to come anyway. Eriko was the last to arrive, because she has to come all the way from Koganei. She could have came by car, but she took the train and bus, just so she can toast to my good journey (preferably without turbulance.) She even brought a bottle of ice wine, which she knows is my favorite. She does spoil me, that Eriko! But my mind's in HK already; so I wasn't the most sociable guest. I could be the clown and live-blood of any party if I feel up to it, but today, I was rather subdue. Or rather, I made very little effort to speak in Japanese, or to speak in English slowly enough for the Japanese girls to follow. That was rather rude, since Eriko came a long way to see me off, and Keiko had spent a lot of time organizing the party. But speaking English at full speed is like eating chocolate when you're down... it's one of those comforting things that everybody needs a dose from time to time to retain sanity. And once you realize how good it feels, you just don't want to stop talking.

When I got home I was fine. But a few hrs later, I'm coming down with a sore throat, irritated sinus, and runny nose. Mucus's got blood in it. Gosh, please no, not again. I'd rather be punished with 100 push-up's and then run up that hill by Darren's house. It's my last week in Japan, please, don't make me teach with a sore throat, again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home