Damsel in Thisdress

Saturday, October 01, 2005

I had a nice day. It'S the first day of the golden week; a Saturday in HK, I spend most of the day in Discovery Bay, with relatives visiting. I went to the beach and played with some foreigner kids, chatted with my cousins, then I had a nice dinner socializing with relatives I haven't seen for years.

I was ready to turn in for a good night sleep. I was showered and ready to retire when, god damn, I heard the news talking about yet another bombing in Bali.

Racial discriminations, bird flu, riots on gas price, tropical deseases, and now, terrorists killing foreigners and little children. Why on earth am I going there? I am so angry I am seeing white rage. It's not just a matter of making things inconvenient for me; it's a matter of ignorant people making a bad situation absolutely devastating for so many.

I don't know what to think, I am sleep deprived and socially exhausted and I don't need to read mind to tell my parents aren't thrilled about my trip. My dad is sitting right besides me biting his lip and I don't know what to say to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home