Damsel in Thisdress

Sunday, September 25, 2005

The beginning of an end

I don't know how or when my Victorian life actually ended. Even now, I still feel like a Victorian.

"For a long time, the story goes, Leah's daughter and her cat are going overseas to see the penis gourd..."

And Cordelia is finally flying, on Tuesday 27th Sept 2005. Though many of you will be pleased to know that Kirara is staying. (BTW, guru-Micaela and Tim-sensei, it turns out Ibu Leslie didn't care whether Kira goes or stays, her only concern is health issues such as clean water etc. >^.^< )

I have been urged to blog to stay in touch with you all. It is vitally important that we all call this a blog, and not an online journal; journalists are vermins that are hated universally, bloggers are like good Christians who confess their souls to the world. Bloggers are okay.

The title of this blog is a reminder of our good times together, and my go-away party. After 5 shots of vaccines in two days, plus some more oral vaccines on empty stomach, and a "sip" of our rosehip wine fortified with moonshine, I gulped down the beer like I had never drank before. I can't remember much of the evening, Laura later said a few concerning things about me wrestling with Ryan in the pub that I cannot recall. But not to worry; I remember enough to name this blog after Luke's T-shirt and our first-wave faminist talks that night. (Actually, it was really an anti-Ryan talk. It was good enough to make an episode of Sex_and_the_City.)

I spend a few more days at Kirara's new home. I spend so much time harrassing that poor child that, on the day I leave for Vancouver, the kid was hidding inside the couch from me. I think, now that my daughter hates me, I am ready to go.

So long, my friends. Take care, and more importantly, take care of my cat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home